Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Initial Research - Alexey Titarenko - Time Standing Still

These images are from Titarenko's series of Time Standing still. I find these images interesting because you find yourself drawn to the subject that is standing still rather than the subject matter that is moving at a possible fast speed.

When I look at this image I find myself wondering how that woman is still sitting there alone because of the amount of movement around her. This image also brings war and holocaust into mind because of the wet looking ground and the clothing that she is wearing.



I find this image really interesting but I am not sure if it is because of the girl in motion or the emptiness of the image. I like this image because it reminds me of a small possible town like Eketahuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment